Come and learn about all the end of season seed harvesting and processing techniques. From mid- summer on we are harvesting seed as it ripens in the field, drying and processing it for sale the next year. Whether you are a novice or wanting to more fully develop your seed knowledge this is a great time to learn in the garden about saving seeds and storing them for future use. Tasks and skills include:
1. Seed harvesting for both wet and dry seed
2. Wet seed processing and drying
3. Dry seed drying and processing
4. Storing seed techniques and methods
5. Seed selection and rogueing
6. Seed Propagation/Nursery Skills
8. Garden Bed Prep
9. Irrigation and water management for healthy plants
10. Fertilising the garden and how to grow nutrient dense plants, food and seeds
11. Garden Maintenance – weeding, mulching, foliar feeding, compost tea preparations.
Other things you will be exposed to:
1. Tiny house building
2. Do it yourself building
3. Music – we are in a band and live on a property where folk music festivals are held periodically.
4. Farmhouse cooking – using the whole animal, lactic fermented foods like sourdough, yogurt and
5. Beekeeping – we have hives on the farm, managed by a friend.